Guest post by Joe Hoft
The Dow is up again this morning in early trading into record territory. At the bell yesterday the Dow closed at it’s 2nd highest closing amount ever at 24,509. Since last year’s election the Dow is up almost 34%!
* The Dow has increased more that 6,100 points since the November 8th election a year ago when the Dow closed at 18,333. This is the largest point increase in this amount of time in Dow history. This has never happened in the more than 100 years in the Dow.
* The Dow has increased more in 2017 than any year ever in Dow history! The Dow ended 2016 at 19,763 and has increased by more than 4,600 points through yesterday. This is the most ever by more than 36% over the next best year ever! (In 2013 the Dow was up 3,472 points.)
* Since the election the Dow has surpassed 6 major milestones – 19,000, 20,000, 21,000, 22,000, 23,000 and now 24,000.
* President Trump’s stock market rally is historical! No President has seen more all time highs (68) in their first year in office than President Trump.
* President Trump set the record earlier this year for the most all time closing stock market highs during his first year in office. Currently the Dow has set 85 closing highs since last year’s election and 68 since President Trump’s inauguration. (As a comparison, President Obama had no stock market highs his entire first term.) If the Dow reaches another all time high today, it will tie the all-time record from 1995 when the Dow set 69 new all-time highs during the year.
* More than one in four days since the election has ended in a new stock market high.
* The Dow closed above 20,000 on January 25th and the March 1st rally matched the fastest-ever 1,000 point increase in the Dow at 24 days that the markets were open or 35 actual days.
* The Dow took just 66 market open days to climb from 19,000 to above 21,000, the fastest 2,000 point run ever. The Dow closed above 19,000 for the first time on November 22nd 2016 and closed above 21,000 on March 1st 2017. The previous record was in 2007 when the Dow took nearly three times as long to cover 2,000 points.
* The Dow took just 173 days to surpass the 3,000 point milestone between November 22, 2016 when the Dow surpassed 19,000 and August 2nd, 2017 when the DOW surpassed 22,000. The prior record was in 1999 when the Dow took more than four times as long to reach these heights.
* The Dow surpassed the 23,000 mark on October 18th. This increase of 4,000 points in all time highs in this amount of time is unheard of in US history!
* On November 30th the Dow broke the 24,000 barrier for the first time ever!
* Since President Trump’s Inauguration on January 20th the Dow is up 23%. (It was at 19,827 at January 20th.)
* President Trump is the only President in US history to oversee two stock market rallies of nine days or more where the markets set new highs each and every day.
* On February 28th President Trump matched President Reagan’s 1987 record for most continuous closing high trading days when the Dow reached a new high for its 12th day in a row!
* Then in early August President Trump reigned over a 9 day stock market rally with each day reaching record highs.
* The S&P 500 and the NASDAQ have both set new all-time highs during this period.
* The US Stock Market has gained more than $5 trillion in wealth since Trump was elected!
* Virtually every major stock index is in record territory.
Winning, Winning, Winning, All-Time Best Record Setting!
— Jim Hoft (@gatewaypundit) November 30, 2017