Mindy Pechenuk, Republican Candidate for California State Assembly, 18th AD, in 2022 and 2024, has issued a challenge to all members of the UC Berkeley Community including faculty, students, and administrative employees. She says that she intends on pursuing this matter for as long as it takes to get to the full truth, and nothing but the truth.
This is so necessary in light of the witch-hunt and indictments of Donald J. Trump, which must be stopped NOW. Our country, our U.S. Constitution are being destroyed.
This is why I am taking the time to investigate and ask these questions. It is urgent we get answers from Yogananda Pittman and Nancy Pelosi as to their roles on the January 6, 2021, events.
I am also supporting Congressional efforts to defund Special Prosecutor Jack Smith, and to impeach U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland.
Below I provide an outline and a few questions to be answered. Let it be known that this is just the beginning of the inquiry.
- On February 4, 2023 Yogananda Pittman took the oath of office to become UC Berkeley Chief of Police, supervising a department of about 140 police officers, community safety officers and staff. On that day, Pittman is quoted in the Berkeley Scanner, “The events at the U.S. Capitol on January 6 – I certainly don’t want to talk about that today.” She went on to say, “but it’s part of my journey and something I will build on.”
- Ex- Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund was interviewed earlier this year by then Fox News Host Tucker Carlson. Yogananda Pittman worked as Intelligence Director for Steven Sund at the time of January 6, 2021. According to Tucker Carlson, the interview with Chief Sund, in which there was significant discussion about Yogananda’s failures in her role as the intelligence officer for the Capitol Police going into January 6th, was scheduled to air on the Fox Network, on Monday, April 24th. With NO PRIOR NOTICE GIVEN, Fox News announced the termination of Tucker Carlson AND THE INTERVIEW was never shown.
- Fast forward to August 10, 2023. On that day, Tucker’s second interview with Sund was aired on Tucker on Twitter. It is now a little more than six months since Yogananda Pittman was sworn in and I believe it is now time for her to start answering the questions that are now all in the public domain, but to my knowledge she has not answered. The Berkeley Community and all the citizens of the Bay Area and California, I believe, are owed answers from her.
Nancy Pelosi’s mole in the Capitol Police, Yogananda Pittman was rewarded by Pelosi with the high paying Chief of Police position at UC Berkeley after setting up the her boss Stephen Sund, demonstrators, and Trump on Jan 6. Watch Tucker’s video. https://t.co/4meXMZuMz9 https://t.co/5zmQd8MyG1 pic.twitter.com/rhtvjqjgZx
— Patrick Henry (@elect_patrick) August 11, 2023
So, here are a couple of questions to start and, rest assured, more will be forthcoming.
- Chief Sund reported in the interview, that “absolutely zero” of the intelligence that we now know existed about plans for attacking the Capitol, killing police, attacking and killing members of Congress was shared with Chief Sund. Sund went on to say that “we now know that the FBI and the DHS were swimming with intelligence, and we know that the military had the same concerns. Yet none of this intelligence was shared with the Chief.”
The first question we need answers to from Chief Pittman is, as the intelligence officer responsible for briefing the Chief, What did you know, when did you know it, and why did you not brief the Chief, so that the National Guard/military would have been there AHEAD OF TIME ready to deal with the threats that were known to the intelligence community and the military?
- Chief Sund reported in the interview with Carlson that the January 6th rally was “crawling with Feds.” Sund revealed that 18 undercover FBI agents and 20 more undercover agents were infiltrated into the January 6th crowd. Sund called this “an unprecedented undercover action.”
So, the second question that needs to be answered is, how many undercover agents were deployed on that day? How many of them, such as the well-known agent Ray Epps, told people to go into the Capitol and have not been charged with any crimes, while others who never went into the Capitol have been charged with crimes?? Again, on this issue, what did you know, when did you know it, and why haven’t you brought the existence of these provocateurs, who may well have been responsible for the so-called riot, into public discussion?
- Finally, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, within 48 hours of January 6th, went on National TV, blamed Sund for the failures in intelligence and forced him to resign. At that point you were named the “Acting Chief” of the Capitol police. Why was Yogananda Pittman not held responsible for the intelligence failure since she was the “head of Intelligence” who failed?
The final question I ask is, how do you respond to the two longtime Capitol Police whistleblowers, who submitted a 16-page letter to Congress in September 2021, excoriating Yogananda Pittman and assistant chief Sean Gallagher, and accusing them of failing to share vital intelligence with police leadership, as well as charging them with doing nothing to assist officers who were being attacked in real time on January 6th?
And why do you think rank and file officers voted up the most adversarial actions the police union could take, a vote of no confidence in you by 92 percent of the members of the rank and file?
There are many, many more questions to ask. The Berkeley Community, the citizens of the Bay Area and all of California, and indeed the whole nation deserve answers from both Pittman and Pelosi.