The GOP must trust Homeland Security Director Mayorkas and believe that the 5 million military aged men he let into the US are of no risk to the country. If not they would impeach him.
You will never see a more forgiving group in your life. These guys make Neville Chamberlain look hard core.
Biden’s Homeland Security Director Mayorkas has lied under oath repeatedly and allowed 5 million men of military age into the country since 2021. No one knows who these people were or where they came from when they entered the US. They were not properly vetted. A large section of this group are likely terrorists and Biden and Mayorkas just let them right in.
According to reports, Mayorkas has said numerous lies under oath to Congress. He has never been held accountable for these crimes.
But there is a law against lying under oath to Congress. And Mayorkas repeatedly testified – emphatically and unreservedly – that the border is secure. A sampling we’ve compiled:
- March 17, 2021: “The border is secure and the border is not open.”
- Sept. 22, 2021: “The border is secure. We’re executing our plan.”
- April 28, 2022: Rep. Chip Roy: “Will you testify under oath that we have operational control of the border?” Mayorkas: “We do.”
- May 2, 2022: Rep. Michael Guest: “Are you testifying as you sit here today that the Southwest border is secure?” Mayorkas: “Yes, I am.”
- Nov. 15, 2022: North Carolina Rep. Dan Bishop: “Secretary Mayorkas, do you continue to maintain that the border is secure?” Mayorkas: “Yes, and we are working day in and day out to enhance security, congressman.”
- April 19, 2023: “It is my testimony that the border is secure.”
- July 26, 2023: “Our approach to managing the borders securely and humanely — even within our fundamentally broken immigration system — is working.”
By the way, in case you were wondering, federal law officially defines “operational control” of the border to mean: “The prevention of all unlawful entries into the United States, including entries by terrorists, other unlawful aliens, instruments of terrorism, narcotics, and other contraband.” (Since Biden took office, more than 6 million people have been caught entering the country illegally – a number that doesn’t count more than a million “gotaways.”)
This is not about failed leadership. This is about the total destruction of the United States of America.