What is Barack Obama’s Middle East Policy?
Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, June 16, 2014, 7:57 AM at www.thegatewaypundit.com
Guest post by J. Hoft
Sunni Muslims march in Iraq.
Iraq is falling to ISIS but so far Obama has denied the current Iraqi government any support. Why would Obama not act to support an ally – especially after the blood sacrifice of so many Americans ? Obama is not gun shy, as his go it alone policy with Libya demonstrated. He was more than willing to fight alongside Al Qaeda in the war in Syria. What exactly is his policy?
As first reported by the GWP in August 2013, Obama’s policy in the Middle East has been one of alignment with the Sunni Muslim branch. Obama’s current actions add credence to the theory. There are multiple examples of this as pointed out by the GWP:
- Obama was on the same side as Al Qaeda in Libya when bombing Gaddafi and his forces. In prior posts GWP showed Al Qaeda flying their flag after Gaddafi’s murder.
- Obama also sided with the terrorist organization, the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, even providing them with $1.5 billion in aid, and then taking it away after they were overthrown.
- GWP reported from theIndependent, that if Obama had attacked Syrian leader Assad’s army, the Obama Administration and Al Qaeda would be on the same side.
- When Obama was contemplating plans in Syria, per the Washington Post, Obama was also open to a conflict with Iran.
- In September 2013, when Obama was unable to obtain the American public’s or American allies’ support to send US soldiers to Syria, the Washington Examiner and other publications reported that Obama waived a provision of federal law designed to prevent the supply of arms to terrorist groups to clear the way for the U.S. to provide military assistance to “vetted” opposition groups fighting Syrian dictator Bashar Assad.
- Now that Iraq is in trouble, Obama gives a speech and goes golfing.
The Muslim Sunni and Shia sects have been at war for over 1300 years, since Mohammad’s death. Iran, Syria’s Assad, Hezbollah and the current Iraqi government, are from the Shia sect. The rest of the Muslim world, including Al Qaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood, the Taliban, and ISIS, the terrorist group currently murdering people in Iraq, are all Sunni sects. Obama won’t send troops to Iraq because the Iraqi government is led by Shia. Sunnis kill Shia. Obama may claim that he doesn’t want to send troops to Iraq because Bush was wrong in sending US troops there in the first place, but that doesn’t explain why he is eager to send US troops and/or support to Al Qaeda in Libya and Syria and to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.
One policy is becoming clear – Obama’s support for the Muslim Sunni sect. Maybe he gained this affinity for the Sunnis in his youth in Indonesia (a predominantly Sunni Muslim country). Regardless, with Iraq burning, this cannot be overlooked.
See original post at http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/06/what-is-barack-obamas-middle-east-policy/