As the year comes to an end, we’ve put together a list of the 10 most memorable lines from the 2016 Presidential campaign. 2016 is a year we will never forget.
10. Hillary Clinton said right after having some sort of seizure during a campaign stop, “You guys have got to try the cold chai!” This was one of the many oddities that led to concerns about her health. Clearly there was more to this than her cold chai tea.
9. Donald Trump later gave a speech in Florida and commented about Hillary’s Health. [Hillary] gives a 10 minute speech and then “Go[es] back home and go[es] to sleep”.
8. During the Republican debates Trump coined the term “Lying Ted” Cruz to describe his fellow Republican running for President and he wasn’t scared to say this during the debates.
7. During a Republican debate, Governor Jeb Bush was falling in the polls and Donald Trump let him have it, saying he was “real tough”. It was soon over for Bush.
6. With only a few months before the election, Hillary Clinton posed a question in a video conference call with supporters, “Why aren’t I 50 points ahead, you might ask?” At this exact moment it became clear why she was not 50 points ahead and why she was going to lose – along with being a criminal, she was officially off the charts crazy.
5. At one of the final Republican debates Trump had enough of Senators Rubio and Cruz and said, “First of all, this guy’s a choke artist and this guy’s a liar.”
4. During a Presidential debate with Hillary Clinton, Clinton bumbled about Republican Abraham Lincoln being two faced and Donald Trump took her to task, “Now she’s blaming the lie on the late, great Abraham Lincoln.”
3. At another moment during one of the final Republican debates, Trump encouraged Senators Cruz and Rubio to, “Swing for the Fences!”
2. When Trump was pressed in a Republican debate about a former Mexican President saying that he would not pay for that fxxxing wall, Trump responded with, “the wall just got 10 feet taller!”
1. During the debate in St Louis, Donald Trump gave the best comeback to Hillary Clinton in Presidential debate history, when she said it was awfully good that Mr. Trump was not in charge of the law in our country – “Because you’d be in jail.”