Donald Trump officially announced Indiana Republican Governor Mike Pence will be his running mate in a tweet yesterday. Today at 11am Trump is scheduled to hold a press conference to officially introduce Pence as Trump’s Vice Presidential selection.
Indiana Governor Pence –
- Was born and raised in Indiana and earned is J.D. from Indiana School of Law.
- He has been married for more than 30 years and has 3 children.
- Since taking office in 2013, Pence has enacted the largest state tax cut in Indiana history while also eliminating the business personal property tax for Hoosier small businesses, and lowering corporate income taxes.
- When Pence took office in January 2013, Indiana unemployment stood at 8.4%. Since then he helped Indiana create over 100,000 private sector jobs and unemployment in the state is now down to under 5%.
- The state has invested more than $800 million in new money for roads and bridges in Indiana under Pence.
- Prior to being governor, Pence represented portions of Eastern Indiana in the United States House of Representatives for more than a decade. During his time in Congress, he served in leadership roles as Chairman of the Republican Study Committee and Chairman of the House Republican Conference.
- He is respected by many in the Republican Party as a true conservative.
All of the above is good but what proves that Pence is the right choice for VP is the reaction from the ultra-left liberal media –
- The New York Times has critical headlines related to Pence such as “Proudly out of Sync with his Times”, part of “The Political Reality Show” and the Times asks “Will Mike Pence Satisfy the Insatiable Right?”
- The liberal British publication the Guardian stated about Pence – “he’s a colourless nothing in a suit who ostensibly lends stability to Trump’s endless parade of berserk neon theatrics.”
- Liberal Yahoo News says “He is most well-known for a controversial religious freedom bill”.
- The Liberal Boston Globe quotes Hillary’s campaign manager John Podesta who says, “By picking Mike Pence as his running mate, Donald Trump has doubled down on some of his most disturbing beliefs by choosing an incredibly divisive and unpopular running mate known for supporting discriminatory politics and failed economic policies that favor millionaires and corporations over working families.” (Lowering taxes and promoting jobs in Indiana must be what Podesta means by discriminatory politics because it sure isn’t failed economics.)
- The never right Huffington Post’s headline is “Mike Pence’s Loose Grip On Reality Is Almost As Bad As Trump’s”.
With all this negative press from the left wing media, one thing be sure, Mike Pence is a good pick for Trump, the Republican Party and America!
Here is the great introduction Pence gave to the nation yesterday on Hannity: