In mid-August we reported that The Gateway Pundit Was 4th Most Influential Right-Leaning Media Outlet during last year’s election.
Only Breitbart, The Hill and FOX News were more influential to conservative audiences.
The right was dominated with trusted online media outlets and liberal media critics. The left was dominated by biased old media outlets that carried water for Hillary Clinton.
The Columbia Journalism Review published an article in March entitled “Study: Breitbart-led Right-wing Media Ecosystem Altered Broader Media Agenda” that reported these conclusions.
Now according to another analysis of the 2016 Presidential election, the Gateway Pundit is again noted as one of the most shared media sources on the right during the 2016 campaign.
The Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University recently released their report entitled, “Partisanship, Propaganda, and Disinformation: Online Media and the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election”. In the Executive Summary of the report they state the following:
In this study, we analyze both mainstream and social media coverage of the 2016 United States presidential election. We document that the majority of mainstream media coverage was negative for both candidates, but largely followed Donald Trump’s agenda: when reporting on Hillary Clinton, coverage primarily focused on the various scandals related to the Clinton Foundation and emails. When focused on Trump, major substantive issues, primarily immigration, were prominent. Indeed, immigration emerged as a central issue in the campaign and served as a defining issue for the Trump campaign.
We find that the structure and composition of media on the right and left are quite different. The leading media on the right and left are rooted in different traditions and journalistic practices. On the conservative side, more attention was paid to pro-Trump, highly partisan media outlets. On the liberal side, by contrast, the center of gravity was made up largely of long-standing media organizations steeped in the traditions and practices of objective journalism.
Of course, coming out of Far Left Harvard, the individuals who released the study ignore the fact that honest conservative media outlets like this one were created exactly because the Far Left leaning Main Stream Media (MSM) is nothing more than ‘highly partisan’ political talking heads for the globalist Democrat’s socialist, corrupt and criminal activities.
We agree with the article in that President Trump succeeded in setting the discussion on issues during the election, such as immigration, jobs, etc. Conservatives and Americans were more interested in debating these issues than Hillary’s entire campaign message “I am a woman, vote for me”.
The article overall is laughable in its interpretation of the results but does present some interesting results. The Gateway Pundit was one of the largest conservative media outlets during the election.
The article also shows the relationship that conservative outlets maintained with each other during the election as noted in in the chart below showing Facebook shares:
This study is very similar to the study produced by Columbia which was funded by George Soros’s Open Society Foundations U.S. Program.
As noted in our post about the Columbia study, we believe our efforts at the GWP helped President Trump immensely. Many of our readers have shared their gratitude for a job well done. Americans want the truth and we provided it then and still today.
Here are some additional assertions about the 2016 election that the study does not surmise:
1. The MSM consists of old, outdated and liberally biased media outlets that materially never provide positive conservative non-socialist viewpoints.
2. The MSM behemoths do not understand that it’s not only that their message is dull, slow, ignorant and non-engaging (e.g. Hillary Loves Trump’s Hate) their efforts to prevent Americans from an honest conservative viewpoint have led to their demise (e.g. CNN Sucks!).
3. Americans are tired of being told lies on the one hand (e.g. Trump is racist) and maybe more importantly, not being told the truth on the other hand (e.g. the stock market is up 20% since the election).
4. Americans want accurate, informative, and up to date information NOW and the MSM behemoths cannot or will not provide this service.
5. As a result of the above, Americans are flocking in droves to new media sites like the GWP in order to obtain the truth that is not shared in the traditional MSM.
6. The new media like the GWP did not originate due to American’s desire for sensationalism, the new media originated as a consequence of the MSM failing to share the truth.
Thank you all for your support and in helping us help President Donald Trump win the 2016 US Presidential election.