Guest post by Joe Hoft
Greatest Stock Market Rally Ever! Another All Time High Today! Dow up again!
Dow surpasses 5 All Time Milestones in Less than a Year for First Time in History!
* The Dow has increased more than 5,100 points since the November 8th election and the Dow all time high has increased by more than 4,800 since the election (the all time high on election day was 18,636 set on August 15, 2016). The Dow has never increased the All Time Highs this much in such a short period of time in its more than one hundred year history.
* Since the election the Dow has surpassed 5 major milestones – 19,000, 20,000, 21,000, 22,000 and 23,000. This is the first time this has happened in less than a year in US history.
* The Dow all time closing high increased from 14,165 to 18,636 from President Obama’s election to President Trump’s election on November 8th last year for an increase of 4,472. President Trump’s stock market all time highs have increased by more than 4,800 since the election.
* President Trump increased the all time highs in the market in less than a year by more than Obama increased the all time highs in 8 years.
* President Trump set the record earlier this year for the most all time closing stock market highs during his first year in office. Currently the Dow has set 71 closing highs since last year’s election (assuming todays closes at a record) and 54 since President Trump’s inauguration. (As a comparison, President Obama had no stock market highs his entire first term.)
* More than one in four days since the election has ended in a new stock market high.
* The Dow closed above 20,000 on January 25th and the March 1st rally matched the fastest-ever 1,000 point increase in the Dow at 24 days that the markets were open or 35 actual days.
* The Dow took just 66 market open days to climb from 19,000 to above 21,000, the fastest 2,000 point run ever. The Dow closed above 19,000 for the first time on November 22nd 2016 and closed above 21,000 on March 1st 2017. The previous record was in 2007 when the Dow took nearly three times as long to cover 2,000 points.
* The Dow took just 173 days to surpass the 3,000 point milestone between November 22, 2016 when the Dow surpassed 19,000 and August 2nd, 2017 when the DOW surpassed 22,000. The prior record was in 1999 when the Dow took more than four times as long to reach these heights.
* The Dow surpassed the 23,000 mark this month. This increase of 4,800 points in all time highs in this amount of time is unheard of in US history! Never has the all time Dow high increased by more than 4,000 points in less than a year!
* Since President Trump’s Inauguration on January 20th the Dow is up 18%. (It was at 19,827 at January 20th.)
* President Trump is the only President in US history to oversee two stock market rallies of nine days or more where the markets set new highs each and every day.
* On February 28th President Trump matched President Reagan’s 1987 record for most continuous closing high trading days when the Dow reached a new high for its 12th day in a row!
* Then in early August President Trump reigned over a 9 day stock market rally with each day reaching record highs.
* The S&P 500 and the NASDAQ have both set new all-time highs during this period.
* The US Stock Market gained $5 trillion in wealth since Trump was elected!
* Virtually every major stock index is in record territory.